Today I am sharing the contents of my kitchen table.
I live in a shared house, and a random and bizarre assortment of items in the kitchen is a normal feature. I think it was the chicken necks that made me think that perhaps this was blog-worthy, especially since 1 ½ of us are vegetarians.
The thing about shared housing, is that you never know what is whose, or where they are to ask about these items, or if they need it – so items such as these are always here, and will likely remain, even if we have guests over.
Not sure what these are? Here’s a concise list:
- A serving bowl of apples and oranges. Not too strange.
- A fruitbowl full of tomatoes, some from the garden, some from the shop. Because tomatoes are fruits too.
- An “Easiyo” canister of home-made yogurt in the making.
- A cuticle and nail care kit. (for mid-dinner-making fingernail emergencies)
- Garlic escaping.
- House keys – placed exactly where I probably won’t remember to look for them.
- A rotting lime. (mine?)
- A fat blue permanent marker. I live with teachers, and they probably stole this.
- Cayenne pepper – the lone spice without a rack.
- Chicken Necks. Yep. . . . .in tupperware. Maybe for the dogs? They have been there for 3 days.
- Green skull sunglasses that have rapid blinking green lights to be switched on. It has multiple settings and speeds. They have been there since New Year’s Eve. (What is today?)
- My earrings.
- A birthday card from weeks ago. Happy Birthday. 🙂